Monday, May 12, 2014

Georgia Food Festival, Journey of Tasting Traditional Food

                                                          

 Food is more than sustenance. Next to breathing, it is the most basic of humanneeds. Mixed with culture and ethnicity, food is a powerful ingredient in human and foreign relations. It is how individuals and societies relate to one another ( Johannal Mandelson Forman)


I was really happy to get the invitation of event Georgian Food Festival Week. Well I got it from secretary of ambassador Georgia In Indonesia Miss Fitri which meet with me in Manhattan Coorporate Gathering. I also meet my sister who worked in Egypt Embassy and love photography so much, Miss Sondang. Finally we met again in Georgian Cuisine event. 


Picture 1. The blogger with Mr. Ambassador, H.E Zurab Aleksidze in Georgian festival doc. edrida

As you know this second week of May is the first culinary weekend which I attended. I was lucky met The Ambassador of Georgia to Republic Indoneia, H.E Mr.Zurab Aleksidze who welcoming me with big smile and get nice photo like this :). I say thank you for the invitation and He gave me his name card. 


Picture 2. Mr. Ambassador, H.E Zurab Aleksidze and Indonesian's Chef Farah Quinn in Georgian festival doc.Fitri

The Festival held in Jakarta at Sari Pan Pacific Hotel at 6 pm. I believe I would get many kind of food to taste, even I know I must be late to come because there is many things to do in office. But Finally I got the crowd in first floor of fiesta restaurant. I saw many kinds of bread and souvenir from Georgia. In that food festival, the famous chef Farah Quinn also come and enjoy the festival. She is also loved many Georgian food.

 Picture 3. Georgian bread, khachapuri doc.Fitri


 Picture 4. Georgian bean bread, lobiani doc. edrida
Picture 5. Churckhela  doc. edrida   

Picture 6. Phikali doc. edrida     


Picture 7. Favorite Food, Khinkali, Georgian festival doc. edrida

There is also some bear and soft drinks. and this is my favorite soft 
drink :)

 Picture 8. My favorite soft drinks, lemonade doc. edrida
 

Picture 9. Some Georgian Bear doc.edrida


                  Picture 10. Some guest enjoy the drinks doc. edrida

We also get some entartain from traditional music , Iriao as Georgian Etno Jazz, they are recognize by UNESCO as being a masterpiece of oral immaterial heritage but adorn with jazz element. They are George Abashidze and Mikheil Javakhishvili, Bidzina Murgulia ( vocals) and Levan Abshilava (drums and oercussion) and David Malazonia (Keyboard, composser and arrager) and David Kavtaradze (Georgian Folk Instrument). The music is really easy listening, soft, nice in harmony.


 Picture 11. Performance of Iriao, as Georgian Music Etno doc. edrida

I also meet the Masterchef Vakhtang Devdariani who explained me many kind of new food that I know from Mr. Google J thanks to Google for introduce me to kinds of Georgian food such as khinkali, mandu  and Manduguk.

Picture 12. Masterchef Vakhtang Devdariani write some Georgian food 
doc. edrida

He has explained most of the Georgian’s food are spicy. He would cook home, restaurant and street food at national day of Georgia at 21 of May 2014 such as chakhokhbili, ostri (kinds of food from chicken, lamb and beef). Kuchimachi, fhali ( kinds of salad, bean, cheese) and 
Kachapuri, tore (kinds of pastry, georgian bread ). 
According to him  some of Giorgian food also have some art to tast like match the lamb ribs with dry wine, tront with white wine. He made all of this cuisine in the spirit of celebrating the rich food and beverage traditions of the South. Actually he already travelled around the word in cooking, training some Georgian Food like in China, Iraq, Egypt, US, South Korea and finally in Indonesia.

He said the favorable Georgian food for people to taste in some Asia country is Khinkali,  it was a georgian dumpling  which is eaten plain or with course black papper. Vakhtang said chef is his dreaming job and total passion in his life.

This food festival event leads me and some guests on a culinary journey through the region with a weekend of getting food taste experiences in the events. This food festival also gave chance for me to know more about Georgia. What a food diplomacy was everywhere now, it reallly good news :). Thank for the moment Georgia Embassy

I also meet Indonesian and Georgian Couple. They are Mr. Zaal Kikvidze and Tammy Kikvidge. Both of them are researcher of Botany in Indonesia. They met when Mr Zaal who worked as professor got some research in Bogor and need some  research assitant. Then love met them get happy marriage until now. As I know the are the only one couple from both country. Nice to meet them

 Picture 13. The Georgian Couple, Mr. Zall and  Mrs.Tammy doc. edrida





 Picture 14.My friend, Miss Fitri, Secretary of Ambassador Georgia doc. edrida doc. edrida

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mba boleh tanya emailnya mba fitri sekertaris kedutaan georgia? saya mau melamar kerja di kedutaan. jika berkenan mohon di infokan ke firdaus.aq@gmail.com terima kasih.

    ReplyDelete